Are you passionate about open science and open source? Do you like to constructively discuss these topics on social media? Do you enjoy organizing (online) events on research software practices, including lectures and practical workshops?
We are looking for an open science community-manager to grow our community. The goals for our new open science community-manager are:
- Improve Software Heritage’s outreach around the world
- Strengthen the collaborations with research institutions
- Organize community calls and events (online and hybrid)
- Take part in the development of the ambassador’s program
Software Heritage is an ambitious nonprofit, entirely Free/Open-Source Software (FOSS) initiative that aims at collecting, organizing, preserving for the very long term, and sharing all publicly available software in source code form, together with the corresponding complete development history (e.g., from a Version Control System) where available. The Software Heritage archive already contains more than 11 billion unique source code files and 2.4 billion commits, retrieved from more than 160 million software projects.
Location: Paris, France
Deadline for applications: March 31, 2022
- Academic background (minimally completed MSc/MA)
- Passion for open science and open source values and practices
- Good social and networking skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and engage through social media (e.g., Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Good organizational and planning skills, able to ensure consistency in communication and event organization
- Excellent knowledge of English
- First-hand experience with open scholarship practices (e.g., open data, open source code, open access publishing)
- Experience in organizing (online) meetings and events
- Creating and curating content on website (WordPress)
- Some experience with programming in Python and version control (git)
Workplace and salary
The job must be worked on-site at Inria’s Paris headquarters.
The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. See the main jobs page for general salary ranges at Inria.
The successful candidate will be offered a two to three year(s) contract at Inria.
- Subsidized meals
- Partial reimbursement of public transport costs
- Leave: 7 weeks of annual leave + 10 extra days off due to RTT (statutory reduction in working hours) + possibility of exceptional leave (sick children, moving home, etc.)
- Possibility of teleworking (after 6 months of employment) and flexible organization of working hours
- Professional equipment available (videoconferencing, loan of computer equipment, etc.)
- Social, cultural and sports events and activities
- Access to vocational training
- Social security coverage
Applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email must contain the subject line “community-manager”. A complete application should include:
- brief statement of interest in the position,
- links to any previous related work online.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. The next priority deadline is 31 March 2022, 23:59 CET.
Software Heritage is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, or any other legally protected status. We value diversity in our workplace.