Software Heritage is an ambitious nonprofit, entirely Free/Open Source Software (FOSS) initiative that aims at collecting, organizing, preserving for the very long term, and sharing all available software in source code form, together with the corresponding complete development history.
We are now hiring a Software Engineering Manager to help Software Heritage keep growing and help our development team achieve challenging technical goals.
- Work with upper management to define, triage, and periodically review the project technical roadmap
- Coordinate task assignments within the engineering team to ensure sustained progress along the project technical roadmap
- Work with engineers to define individual projects, set personal goals, and solve non-technical hurdles
- Periodically gauge progress on both team and individual projects
- Constantly review the processes and tools used to support engineering activities, in order to ensure smooth collaboration within the team
- Create reports and give updates, both within the team and publicly, on the project technical progress
- Coordinate the technical participation of Software Heritage in national and international R&D projects
- Train new employees
- Degree in engineering, computer science, management, or nearby fields
- Software development experience (any language/stack)
- Great analytical skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Team player
- Interpersonal skills to manage a team of engineers
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
A successful candidate will have a track record of both software development and project management in a mid- to large-size company, nonprofit, or software project. Past experience in free/open source software communities is not a requirement, but would be welcome.
Workplace and salary
The job must be worked on-site at Inria’s Paris headquarters.
The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com. The email must contain the subject line “Software Engineering Manager”. A complete application should include:
- cover letter, and
- links to any previous related work online.
All materials must be in a free format (such as plain text, PDF, or OpenDocument, and not Microsoft Word). Email submissions that do not follow these instructions will probably be overlooked.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Software Heritage is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, or any other legally protected status. We value diversity in our workplace.